Enjoy the great taste of Portugal.
Join Frances and her team at the New Forest Lodge and learn to cook real country dishes in a real farm Kitchen. Learn to bake in a traditional wood oven. Learn to select the freshest young vegetables from our organic kitchen gardens, fed from an historic Moorish well.
Come Cooking with Frances if you:
- Enjoy authentic local food and wine.
- Appreciate eating real food unadulterated by chemicals and additives.
- Expect to see and know where your food comes from.
- Can look out over the ocean, listen to the birds and simply relax.
- Are at home in the countryside and peaceful rural life.
- Demand excellent meals enjoyed in good company.
- Don’t want to be a tourist, but a guest.
- Want to find the true taste of Portugal no matter how far off the beaten track.
For booking details and typical price examples contact us.
As well as housing the Country Cooking School the Lodge is home to a herd of carriage horses and riding ponies. 50 acres of woodland and paddocks surrounding the beautiful farm yard gardens and vegetable plots, which are shaded by colourful sub tropical flowers and shrubs. Enjoy cooking in a relaxed and friendly farmhouse kitchen, forget the stress of modern life, step back in time and experiment with an ancient brick built wood fired dome oven.
This country cooking holiday refreshes the soul as well as the palette
Suitable for all levels.
All classes are taught in English